Student ticket update for new Gophers stadium

Posted on March 31st, 2009 – 9:52 PM
By Kent Youngblood

Greetings.

Our higher education reporter, Jenna Ross, was at a meeting tonight at which some details about student access to tickets at the new Gophers stadium were discussed. Here is what she learned:

The University of Minnesota is nailing down the specifics of its student ticket sales at its new, on-campus football stadium. Among those decided:

·     10,000 tickets will be reserved for undergraduate and graduate students

·     Of those, 8,000 will go to returning students

·     2,000, plus whatever’s left unsold of the 8,000, will be offered to first-year students, including transfer students

·     Each student will have the opportunity to purchase one season ticket, rather than the two offered now

The exact price of the student tickets has yet to be finalized, associate athletics director Phil Esten told a small group of students Tuesday night. Right now, a season ticket is $70 – the second lowest in the Big 10. For the upcoming season, a student ticket will likely be sold for $77, plus a $6 or $7 service fee for the new stadium, for a grand total of $83 or $84 – still second lowest in the Big 10, Esten said.

The first round of student tickets will go on sale sometime this month (April). The date will likely be finalized sometime this week, he said. They’ll likely be sold exclusively online.

54 Responses to "Student ticket update for new Gophers stadium"

Texas Gopher says:

April 1st, 2009 at 7:57 am

Kent–welcome back. I challenge you to be the Joe Dimaggio of sportswriters. Break his 56 games record and try and post 57 straight days. FYI, a student season ticket at Texas A & M goes for 180 dollars.

SM says:

April 1st, 2009 at 8:18 am

That’s really cheap. Good for the U to find a way to make it affordable for the students.

NOW, the students have to do their part – pack that place and make visitors feel unwelcome. The student section at the dome was pretty weak…

Dan says:

April 1st, 2009 at 8:34 am

I really hope the student section is close to the field-It would be a shame if they stuck em up high

Schnauzer says:

April 1st, 2009 at 8:56 am

The thing that always struck me in the dome was how the Student section would be mostly full by the end of the first quarter (late arrivals) but would then be mostly empty by end of the third quarter (win, lose, close game, blowout). This was especially true for night games. I hope the game itself gets on the student’s radar and actually finds a place in front of the parties (like other Big 10 schools).

UMN Alum says:

April 1st, 2009 at 8:57 am

First year students compose the majority of the student section at UMN football games. Not to mention, 2,000 tickets for first year’s is ridiculous now that football is back on campus. The majority of freshmen live on campus.

RailBaron says:

April 1st, 2009 at 9:14 am

The student section gets a really bad image… You realize that it being off campus is a huge reason for the so-called attendance issues? The bus took quite a bit of time to get there.

How about the THOUSANDS of blue seats in the dome that were non-student section? Not just in the upper deck. The student section in the last 4 years has been a lot louder, a lot more involved, they stand the WHOLE game, and actually does stay for the close games. I agree it sucks to see people (not just students) leaving in a blowout (either way).

By the way, take a look at that “awesome” UW student section. The place was still only 2/3 to 3/4 full at the end of the first all this year and last year. This is not a MN-only problem.

Student section location – lower and upper deck in the enclosed endzone. It will hopefully be one big sea of gold.

I also agree that the game shouldn’t be the thing to do before a party – being at games should be fun enough (win or lose) that people aren’t leaving early for other reasons (there are no buses to take students home now, so no mad dash to try to get one before a HUGE line formed).

Jeff says:

April 1st, 2009 at 9:17 am

UMN alum: as a current student at the U and also a student season ticket holder for the last 2 seasons I estimate that only about a third or so of the student section are freshman and by no means a majority. It only makes sense to respect seniority and make sure enough upperclassmen get the opportunity to get tickets. I highly doubt anyone that wants to buy tickets and does so before the season starts will be unable to get them though. We’re excited for the stadium and season but this possible ticket shortage may be a non-issue even by 2010/2011 if Brewster fields another mediocre record.

Ifbrewstercan'twinbigtengameshehasnopurpose: Contrast by the RENEGADE says:

April 1st, 2009 at 9:27 am

Jack the student season ticket prices up. Make them have to invest somereal cash so that the ticket will be of enough value to them to get there early and to stay until the end of the game. Quit trying to bay them and welcome them to the real world. IF you make the ticket price too cheap, they won’t think that it is worth it to fight through their hang-overs to get there on time.

And, it is VERY good that they can each only buy one ticket. That also will make it a more valuable commodity to them. They won’t be able to scalp a pair to some red-shirted or black and gold shirted bums. And all of you people over 30 who are NOT students who have been going on the cheap and sitting in the student secction…you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Crank the cost of student tickets up to #20.00 bucks a game. That is still a really cheap price. IF the students don’t want to pay their fair share for their tickets, they will continue to show up in the 2nd quarter an leave again in the 3rd quarter. Quit teating them like punks and kids. Tht is incredibly condiscending… ; 0 )

Ifbrewstercan'twinbigtengameshehasnopurpose: Contrast by the RENEGADE says:

April 1st, 2009 at 9:32 am

Yes, Jeff, I agree: this brewster needs to start winning a LOT of Big Ten games or he will blow the whole “new stadium” window of opportunity all to heck. Just another reason to ditch this maturi now. Do it before another law suit is leveled in his direction because of his lack of focus. This Williams suit should be enough to have this maturi gone NOW.

Nolan says:

April 1st, 2009 at 9:46 am

The campus location will make a huge difference with student attendance….When I attended the U, it was a pain in the butt trying to get to the dome. Taking the bus ended up being an hour trip, and walking was even longer…11 AM starts are also a problem. The team needs to win to get into the 2:30 or prime time slots….11 AM is early for everybody, but it’s really tough when you’re a student staying up ’til 4 AM on a Friday night.

john says:

April 1st, 2009 at 9:48 am

Kent, any word on if they will require you to show an matching student ID like they do at hockey games?

Milldog says:

April 1st, 2009 at 10:15 am

Having been a member of the student section for the last 10 years,(sneaking in with my sister when I was in high school, and then going to the games myself as a stuednt) I can relate to the disappointment regarding the enthusiasm shown in our student section. However, it has GREATLY improved over the last 4 or 5 years into something that will continue to grow as we move into the new stadium. I’m looking forward to sitting next to the mass of gold as an alumni. Now if we could only get the band to break out of the “pomp and circumstance” just once during the game, and provide us with some “funk” to jam to. The place would get rockin’! Just my opinion…

Screech says:

April 1st, 2009 at 10:26 am

Milldog — What? “Livin’ on a Prayer”, “Sweet Caroline”, “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”, and “Apache” not enough for you? Seems to me the band has been doing it’s part too…

duxup says:

April 1st, 2009 at 11:11 am

It might seem cheap but every student is charged $50 per semester for a “stadium fee” whether they go to games or use the facility or not. So toss another $100 on top of those prices.

Glenlivet says:

April 1st, 2009 at 11:11 am

Texas-Gopher: Texas A&M gets $180 because students get great seats, i.e., the students are treated right. There aren’t very many schools that do that. In Memorial Stadium, the student section was in the “Sun” (great) between the 10-30 yard lines on the east side. If Minnesota returns to this, it will mean the Athletic Department “gets it” and that’s how you develop a student/alumni fan base.

Derek says:

April 1st, 2009 at 11:27 am

RailBaron says:

April 1st, 2009 at 9:14 am

——————

Co-sign.

Bud says:

April 1st, 2009 at 11:33 am

There is no way the student section will ever be hulf full. Last year they were lucky to get 2,500 to attend a game and hulf of those were friends cheering for opposing teams.

You Brewsterites keep dreaming. This new stadium will still allow 20,000 opposing fans seats to see the game.

Milldog says:

April 1st, 2009 at 11:41 am

Andrew says:

April 1st, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Yeah, this is all great, $12.50 for the last three school semesters, when the U has been charging us a stadium fee, and that raises the price of a season ticket to $121.50. Wow, hidden fees are everywhere. Increased tuition and fees, less services at the U and less seats at the stadium. :(

ParkingAnyone? says:

April 1st, 2009 at 12:36 pm

Kent -
Are there any deals for parking for students or do they assume any students who have season tickets live right on campus? I know for regular season ticketholders, it is expensive to park ($100+ for a parking pass) plus an annual donation of $1k-$2500 to the athletics dept if you want to be in a surface lot anywhere near the stadium for tailgating.

Nate says:

April 1st, 2009 at 2:56 pm

I graduated in 2003 and haven’t been back to a football game since. I live in Minneapolis, not to far way… UPDATE: My friends and I didn’t go to games our senior year – it’s been since 2002.

I’m not so sure I would have cared to look into going to a game again if play continued at the dome. With that said, attendance was ALWAYS lousy during my tenure. Attendance will STILL be lousy (after a year or two) unless the team is good, and the atmosphere changes towards students seeing their football ticket as something of value. For the last 20+ years student and non-student tickets haven’t had ANY value because of the lackluster program, regardless of the venue – that will not change unless Brewster has success. In my time, it was something to do – go to the game, that is. It was a place to be young and stupid.

Someone said that I should have been ashamed of myself for “sneaking” into games or taking advantage of an ‘on the street’ student ticket to get into games… News Flash… when the program is respectible and successful and fans seek out their tickets ahead of time, this wouldn’t even BE an option for us now 30 year olds.

Oh, and remembering what my priorities were when I was 19-22: Regardless of any hangovers or after-game parties, the GAME ITSELF had no influence on me whatsoever as to making sure I went to the game. I had already paid my (chew on this: $45 student ticket for football) and could have cared less!

Maybe you forgot what I said earlier; I haven’t gone to a football game since graduation! It always seemed the younger students 1st, 2nd, and some 3rd year students, always made up what turned into a student section in the dome.

Go Tubby.

RailBaron says:

April 1st, 2009 at 3:40 pm

“Screech – I’m not saying there haven’t been songs outside of the regulars played, but that there needs to be a tradition established. Like the the “Hey” song at hockey games before that was taken away. Wisconsin does “Jump Around”, Penn State does “We Are… Penn State”, Iowa does “I,O,W,A”, etc. Maybe it isn’t the bands responsibility but it would be nice if they could include their creative genius. Otherwise, maybe we just need to pump a good “Thunderstruck” throughout the PA system.”

Howbout the first down song/cadence afterward? Apache, Livin’ on a Prayer, Hey Baby, TMNT, Sweet Caroline, and more are all played at the same (relative) time each game. 3rd down songs (Mars or Mortal Kombat) are nice and loud. Not to mention pregame – plenty of good music there too.

You also have to realize that the athletic department has a lot of control over what the band can/can’t play (see the Hey Song or penalty cadence at Hockey).

And Bud… Seriously? 2500??? Go watch the games on TV again. I would wager to bet they reached at least 6,000, and against Iowa (and Wisc a year previous) the percentage of visiting fans in the student section was far less than those in the other sections of the stadium.

david_allen_coe says:

April 1st, 2009 at 3:49 pm

Baron …. Bud has kind of a unique way of counting …. one, two, three, three, two, one, two, three, two, two, two …

If he could count to 2500 he would need to see 15,000 people to get there.

david_allen_coe says:

April 1st, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Nate … Thanks for your comments even though you are not a Gopher football fan. But that’s OK, it’s allowed. Bud, Loon, and Wren also post here.

the Loon says:

April 1st, 2009 at 5:49 pm

A bit of history here. In the 1950′s, 60′s and much of the 70′s fans sat down, watched the game and stood up and cheered for exciting plays. Visiting fans were welcome because that is what people do with people who visit them. I am certain that some fans drank and some left early.

This rather new idea that the fans “should” jump around “be part of the game outcome” is fine if that is what you want to do.

However, allow me to repeat what some long time Gopher fans want to do at the games. They want to watch the game.

My experience is that the fans can not make a stop for the D or a TD for the O. I have tried. We did not lose the Michigan game because the fans let the team down. We lost the game because Michigan adjusted to what our D was doing and we did not have healthy players who could stop what they were doing.

My point is that I do not see it as my job to stand the whole game. I am certain that many fans over 50 feel the same way. OK?

Bayfieldgopher says:

April 1st, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Well said Loon.

david_allen_coe says:

April 1st, 2009 at 9:16 pm

Loon … We lost the Michigan game because they threw 40 screen passes in the 4th quarter and Mason stood on the sideline like a wax museum statue. He never made a defensive adjustment.

LivefromWinona'sTrailerPark says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 6:41 am

Loon…As is usually the case, I disagree with you. What is wrong with going to a football game and having a little fun with those around you?

Sure football is great on its own, but the extracurricular activities enhance the experience. I love the traditions that the students have and I think it’s great that they show up in large numbers even though there’s many more options competing for their entertainment dollars. If you’re honest, you’ll agree that there were much fewer choices then as there are now. The experience was good in the ’60s and ’70s, but today I think they’re even better.

Bayfield Gopher says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 8:40 am

Where is it written that the only way to have fun is to stand the whole game?

Set the student sections aside as the environment in those areas is unique and takes a course of its own.

I think what is needed is fans respecting those around them. Standing up during big plays is normal but constantly blocking the view of others is uncalled for. We sit in a mixed section, the fans have lots of fun and there are no problems.

the Loon says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 9:13 am

DAC,perhaps in the Michigan game you might have noticed that by the forth quarter we were down to playing a reserve middle linebacker on the wide side of the field? Naw, you’re too smart to have missed that one, right dac?

Or how about the Michigan fumble at our 15 yard line on their last drive? I suppose Mason forgot to instruct the guys to fall on any lose ball?

My perfectly acceptable point was that all the fan support in the world did not decide that game. The game was decided on the field of play.

the Loon says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 9:19 am

Dear Live From,

I have no objection to you standing all you want as long as you do not block my view all the time. My point was that many of us older fans do not want to stand the whole game and do not want to feel that we have to follow the standards of your generation.

I will be DELIGHTED to see less alcohol for sale at TCF. The up and down people who can not spend one moment without another beer in their hands makes watching the game a pain for some of us that actually want to watch the game.

Hopefully now, the “party people” can just sneak in a flask and pass out under their seats like good little drunks.

Bud says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 11:32 am

RailBaron says:

April 1st, 2009 at 3:40 pm

——————–

One of my clients is a big Minnesota booster. He has stated there is an average of 2,500 students at any given game. I stand by my client.

DAC did you take the short bus to school today?

10 years from now the University will want to take Dinamite to that small sorry new “stadium”.

david_allen_coe says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Stand By Your Client
Tammy Wynette and BudLoonWrenbawl

Sometimes its hard to be a Budloonwrenbawlbabybabbler
Giving all your love to just one Client
You’ll have bad times
And he’ll have good times
Doing things that you don’t understand
But if you love him you’ll forgive him
Even though he’s hard to understand
And if you love him
Oh be proud of him
‘Cause after all he’s just a Client
Stand by your Client
Give him two arms to cling to
And something warm to come to
When nights are cold and lonely
Stand by your Client
And tell the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your Client
Stand by your Client
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your Client

tjericks says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Loon and Bayfield, I get what you’re saying and if we were talking about pro sports I’d be in complete agreement with you. However, this is college sports, where it’s for the students. Therefore, student activities and traditions come before the preferences of STHs that aren’t enrolled at the university. In professional sports, yes, they cater to STHs in the lower levels because they are the ones the franchise is most eager to please. In college, it’s about the students. It’s their school and their experience, so everyone else should cater to them.

I’m a grad student at the U, and yes, the standing all game gets annoying at times, but I go along with it because that’s how it is here. College sports are about the students – end of story.

If you support the team that’s great, but you’re going to games for a team that represents a university on a university campus, where the students should always come first. If you want to be catered to because your tickets cost more, that’s fine too and I understand that, but in that case pro sports would be the way to go.

david_allen_coe says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 1:23 pm

tjericks … Your tuition money has been wasted. A graduate student should understand the University belongs to the citizens of Minnesota, many of whom were at one time students just as you are now.

This has nothing to do with standing at the games. I am fine with students standing in the student section if they wish. But please, before your education is complete, learn the relationship between your university and the citizens of the state of Minnesota.

tjericks says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 2:07 pm

Haha I know what the relationship is, so don’t talk down like I’m an idiot. What’s your doctorate degree in? I understand fully that it’s a state institution. I’m just saying that the college sports experience is first and foremost for the students that are there now, just like it was for you when you were an undergrad. Non-attending fans are definitely important, but the experience belongs to the students that are there now first. Everyone has a right to enjoy the games they are attending, but when you go to a college sporting event, you’re walking into a college atmosphere, which is defined by CURRENT students, not people that were there 10+ years ago.

I’m a Gophers fan through and through, but it’s the older fans that make it such a lame and boring experience at most games here. It’s one of the drawbacks to having the university in a major city – too many corporate seats full of boring people that complain if everyone doesn’t sit on their hands unless a spectacular play is made. Mariucci Arena should be one of the toughest environments to play in in all of college hockey, but I’d take the atmosphere at the NHC anyday over Mariucci because the NHC isn’t filled with stuffy, boring people that got their tickets through work. I expect that at Wild games, but at the U of M it’s really disappointing.

the Loon says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Boy tjericks, you would think a grad student would be able to understand what is on the page in front of them.

The student section can do what they want to do within the limits set by the U. Gosh, have fun. Stand on your heads if you want in the student sections. Heck, petition the U for an “all standing above 25 section” if you want.

I only wrote that the students should not view their standards of today as being THE standards of ALL Gopher fans who go to ALL games. If some fans over 25 do not want to stand the whole game, that should not be a big problem. My points were only to remind the younger fans that they did not invent being fans and their standards need not be applied to all fans. Is that actually that hard to understand and/or, dare I say, respect?

If I wanted to knee and pray towards Mecca you wouldn’t have any problem with that.

Texas Gopher says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 2:21 pm

This is the most bizzare tag team match ever on this board. DAC and the Loon are tag teaming up agst poor tjericks. tjericks, run for the hills bc you are up agst the Hulk and Undertaker of this board. Anybody have a better all-star wrestling tag team combo that would represent DAC and the Loon???

short onery norwegian says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 3:02 pm

This came into my e-mail at work today as a press release.

UNIVERSITY OF IOWA’S KINNICK STADIUM TO GET FIELDTURF.

what it forgot to add was, “CHEERLEADERS NO LONGER ABLE TO GRAZE DURING GAMES.” hahahaha

As far as the student section debate, my gut feeling is that only about a third of the student section would classify as serious football fans. the rest are there because their friends go to the game, or it seemed like the fun thing to do, and the game is secondary to the party. Those are the ones who leave early. And I second the Loon on one topic – I’m 5’6″ (hence the moniker) and I hate people standing in front of me at games and concerts. At the dome, I’ve actually moved from seats in the lower deck to the upper deck, just to get a better sight line.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where the students will be located at the Bank? I’m guessing the enclosed end of the field, but I don’t know that for a fact.

david_allen_coe says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 3:15 pm

“I’m just saying that the college sports experience is first and foremost for the students that are there now, just like it was for you when you were an undergrad.”
_____________

You prove again your money has been wasted. Gopher teams belong to the people of the state of Minnesota and all alumni wherever they may be.

LivefromWinona'sTrailerPark says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 3:18 pm

Texas Gopher;

The only tag-team combination that I can think of that would be stranger would be Kenny J (ol’ Sodbuster) and the Crusher. Sodbuster talked the talk, but never won (sounds like Loon to me) and d_a_c is the Crusher. Mean and dirty, but always a winner.

david_allen_coe says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 3:19 pm

Tex … How’s that hitting streak looking? The Yankee Clipper in danger yet?

Translation says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 3:26 pm

tjericks says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 2:07 pm

“Haha I know what the relationship is, so don’t talk down like I’m an idiot. What’s your doctorate degree in? I understand fully that it’s a state institution.”

___________________

What are they feeding you over there at the U? It must be either dumbnamite or elitism. It appears that you are suffering from the belief that you/the students are the center of the universe. For what I am going to say next to be helpful, you need to give your ego a rest. Unless you do, there can be no learning. You may be going for a doctorate degree but you have a great deal to learn about yourself and life. All Loon and DAC suggested was that the University is more than just the students. Part of the learning process is to understand the larger picture. To do this you need to let go of “I am the center of the universe” perspective. Without this understanding you have learned very little. This reminds me of the story of Mark Twain who when he was eighteen years old, thought his father was the most ignorant person around. Ten years later he said he was amazed how much how much his father had learned in those ten years. You could learn from this by starting to be a little more humble and inclusive. You then might realize the real learning starts when we realize how little we really know. Once we understand that, the real learning can begin.

littlebigboy says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Nice one onery, a 5 star ranking. Had to throw that in for those hung up on stars.

david_allen_coe says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Old Bud has the darndest time with his numbers. He was on a TV quiz show not long ago and got the question, “What is the population of China.” He answered, “136″.

Told that the Gophers have 85 scholarship players, Bud exclaimed in amazement: “WOW!!! Who woulda thunk the team had more people than Duluth?”

the Loon says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 4:16 pm

For those of you dying to stand the whole game, I would recommend the top row in each section. You could have a field day without any older person beating you up.

tjericks says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 4:56 pm

Loon, yea in no way was I saying that people outside the student section should stand. My apologies if it came across that way, but it wasn’t what was intended. Do whatever you want at the games, but I’d gladly take the people that stand over the drunk, bumbling fools that seem to populate Twins, Vikings, and Wild games.

Now, onto DAC and Translation, who are the types that like to pick out one little thing to attack while ignoring the rest of what I said. DAC, I said it’s a state institution, meaning I know it belongs to everyone. I also stated, and it’s my personal opinion, that the college experience is actually for the people who are, I don’t know, IN COLLEGE. That doesn’t mean games aren’t for everyone, because they obviously are, but it’s my opinion that the student experience is far more important at a college event than the experience of someone 30 years past college. You disagree with me, and that’s fine. But, guess what buddy? You disagreeing with me doesn’t make my tuition money wasted, and doesn’t make me dumb.

Translation, I wasn’t at any point talking to you, so I don’t know where that came from. However, I am about as far from elite as can get. DAC implied I was dumb, so I asked what his/her doctorate degree was in. However, I won’t apologize for my success in my academic career. If that makes me elitist, then so be it. If me disagreeing with other people makes me elitist, then so be it. I never implied anyone was dumb, but they had no problem doing it. But hey, I’ll change that now. You know absolutely nothing about me or my life, so to think that you can tell me what I have to learn about myself or about life is either insanely arrogant or just plain stupid. Or, perhaps quite elitist?

Ecarr says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 5:09 pm

To be honest, there is nothing wrong with standing fans. Everyone pays a price for their ticket. However they wish to use their seat is up to them. Why are you all taking personal shots at tjericks? He just gave his opinion and you guys start taking jabs at him? He was hardly being elitist, if anything you guys were.

Bayfieldgopher says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 6:26 pm

So the next time I go to a movie and choose to stand, that will be OK? Or at a broadway show? Or my grandkids Sunday School Christmas program or dance show? My guess is that I would be politely asked to sit down or leave. Not just by other spectators but by management as well.

People pay good money to watch an event, not the person in front of them. I believe that’s what makes the most sense and why they build stadiums with benches and comfortable seats.

NYC Gopher Fan says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 7:30 pm

tjericks: What you wrote was perfectly fine. You just ran into some of the personalities of this blog.

the Loon says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Oh let’s just have a group hug!!

Translation says:

April 2nd, 2009 at 9:37 pm

Loon – I would give you a hug now but it is time to go to bed. Sleep tight.

Derek says:

April 3rd, 2009 at 11:13 am

I wish more fans would stand and get into the games. But I won’t bitch at them to stand, just like I don’t need to be told to sit down. (It’s different if there is a kid behind ya though.)

wrenagainuntiltheprnakstersfromgopherholestealmymoniker: CONTRAST by the Renegade! says:

April 3rd, 2009 at 2:51 pm

How about a 5’4″ woman who can’t see over someone who is anywhere from half a foot to a foot taller than she is? How about that kind of a situation? Doesn’t that 5’4″ woman have every right to watch the entire game? How about someone slightly stooped with osteoperosis that makes standing, let alone trying to look over or around someone much taller and bigger.

You make a better door than a window derek. Be considerate of people around you. Of course, I could never imagine derek and considerate in the same sentence.

Why the h is it diffeent if it’s a kid behind you????? Don’t other people count?

I don’t like seeing a bunch of drunks at games ever…but…some people say they have a right to be there. I don’t like the student section’s foul language…but, we have to put up with them, I suppose.

If you people are going to think you are entitled to do what ever you want when ever you want to, you had best just forgedabout that derek. “We the people aren’t going to put up with your selfish, egocentric feelings that you are entitled to anything.

Staff that new stadium with law-enforcement people who arrest, detain and eject any drunks in the place. Crack down hard and make the fines for underaged drinking really excessive. On a second offense, if they are students at the U of M, suspend them for a semester!

Let’s make this a good, safe place for EVERYONE! Make no exceptions. The long arm of the law will nail you in or around TCF BANK STADIUM on Game Day Saturday if you think you are going to get by with being drunk and disorderly.

So, derek, if you think you have a right to block anyone’s vision during the game, I think you had better get used to talking to the security people in the new stadium!

; 0 )