Onwuachi out

Posted on August 11th, 2009 – 5:11 PM
By Kent Youngblood

Greetings. Just a quick note to say degensive end Derrick Onwuachi was on crutches with his left knee in a brace while watching practice today.

He was injured late in Monday’s practice. I will update you later with coach Tim Brewster’s comments. Anthony Jacobs worked with the first team Tuesday.

6 Responses to "Onwuachi out"

Texas Gopher says:

August 11th, 2009 at 6:57 pm

I might as well be the first to state the obvious—injuries stink. It is inevitable that a percentage of players will be hurt. However, WHO the players are is the “luck” factor. Nothing personal agst DO, but we have to get lucky in this department this year.

This is terrible to say, but DO on the sidelines on the second day of camp with crutches is going to make a bigger statement than any coach could. The guys will see him and it will have a tremendous focusing effect. Everyone, from Decker down to the last walkon needs to be ready.

Badger Red says:

August 11th, 2009 at 7:29 pm

Ha ha ha….ho ho ho….little brown jug how I love thee! Love watching golfers go down!

Minneapolis Gold says:

August 11th, 2009 at 7:37 pm

Becky Red – go jump off a bridge you little hack.

Texas Gopher says:

August 11th, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Just reread my earlier post and wondering if I have been drinking too much of the “Kool-Aid.” A poor guy goes down and I say “it will have a tremendous focusing effect.” That is even a little much for Brewster I think. You guys will have to excuse me but I am really psyched up about this season. Derrick, get well!!

david_allen_coe says:

August 11th, 2009 at 10:10 pm

Tex … Injuries in college football do not have a focusing effect, sobering effect, or any other effect on the other guys.

Every college football player knows every morning that he could go down that day or one of his teammates could go down. Everyone who plays the game at that level knows it and lives with the possibility.

Successful college teams build depth. That in no way denegrates the value of the individual who is injured. It speaks to the strength of the team.

In 2007 Ohio State could have played their 3rd deep at every position against Minnesota and won. That is a testiment to their depth. We are working to be at that level.

Derek says:

August 12th, 2009 at 11:40 am

Badger Red says:

August 11th, 2009 at 7:29 pm

———–

Kent- Time to clean house as promised.