I’m moving

Posted on August 20th, 2009 – 4:45 PM
By Kent Youngblood

Greetings. Just so you know: I’m moving. Blog-wise, anyway. Our Blog system is moving to a different place. I do not understand the technical aspects of the move other than this: if you want to find me I can be reached here: www.startribune.com/gridirongold.  I’m told you will need to update your RSS readers, though I don’t know what an RSS reader is. And you will have to log in to post your genteel comments. Bear with me during the move. It will probably take me a while to figure it out. Thanks.

21 Responses to "I’m moving"

Texas Gopher says:

August 21st, 2009 at 6:19 am

What the ??? Is this the best time to do this?? Can someone help Kent and myself out with what “RSS” means??

Hawks says:

August 21st, 2009 at 6:37 am

RSS means more girl maulers trying to get into the U of M to participate in athletics:

Derek says:

August 21st, 2009 at 11:32 am

Hawks says:

August 21st, 2009 at 6:37 am

————

Acceptance rate at Minnesota: 47% Iowa 82%

I guess any moron can get into Ioway, explains alot.

Bayfieldgopher says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 6:46 am

Dungy is hanging around the team and TCF. Great exposure for the players. Brewster does a great job with this.

goofers R losers says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 10:40 am

Heres to many heatstrokes at your little scrimmage today–on and off the field! :)

Wisco Guy says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 3:30 pm

“I missed most of the first half but here are a few comments by Lee, Thompson and Mona
-Sounds like about 15-20,000 fans in attendance”

What happened to 30 to 40k you f@@king retards??! In goofer speak, 15-20,000 = 7500! Idiots…rah..rah..rah…..

Bayfieldgopher says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 3:36 pm

This is what I posted on GH

-Sounds like about 15-20,000 fans in attendance
-Both punters are very impressive and have averaged close to 60 yd/punt!! Wow!
-Stoudamire has had some impressive returns
-I think Weber has a TD to Decker and also two picks, one by Carter.
-Sounds as if the running game is not producing much
-Pass protection has been good
-Hageman is playing both DE and DT which is a huge surprise and made a very good play.
-Carter gave up TD to Decker on first play but has been the most impressive FR thus far
_Gary Tinsley received props from Thomspson

All this according to Dave Lee.

Thompson was impressed with the OL. No major injuries although Triplett was dinged. Jay Thomas had some carries and Bennett was used sparingly.

At 1:30, the doors opened and the fans came in, a total of 15,103, many seeing the inside of the stadium for the first time. says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 10:13 pm

After watching today’s debacle, how many of you idiots still think this outfit will win 9 or 10 games this season? Hope the emporer didn’t sunburn his jewels today….

August 22nd, 2009 at 10:14 pm

What happened to 40,000???????

Prime Time 28 says:

August 23rd, 2009 at 3:47 am

The scrimmage was just a vanilla showing of the teams game options. It is quite clear that Decker and Stodemire are STUDS. Gray will do well for us when he is allowed to run. DL is dominating force and Bennett will pound the rock. Pretty sure we will definitely win at least 7 games but probably 8 this year.

Recruiting says:

August 23rd, 2009 at 2:06 pm

ahhaha, Prime Toilet 28! You are a bigger f’ing idiot than that inbred moron gold04!

Prime Time 28 says:

August 24th, 2009 at 5:31 am

Recruiting, easy on the name calling budy. Never been called an idiot before. I do not agree with your opinion of this team but I am certain that does not make me an idiot. We do have a ways to go; particularly with the fan base. Fifteen thousand is somewhat underachieving if we want to have any affect on the recruiting process. Big Time recruits do not want to play for weak fan based schools. I know, WIN and they will come. Well, Michigan went 3 and 9 and 50,000 fans showed up for their Spring Game. We have to do better. As for my opinion, we will see whether my estimation of how well this team should do this year is off to the point where it could be referred to as idiotic. See you in Syracuse big fan.

Bayfieldgopher says:

August 24th, 2009 at 7:42 am

I had to miss the 8/22 events due to “stuff” but, what I was able to glean watching on BTN, it appeared that the two deep held their own, especially the D. We may finally……have better depth in most D position although many are untested and lack signficant PT.

The same can be said of the O as players like Kuznia, Tavale, Burris, Thomas, Orton, Eskridge, Salamon, Alford etc have expensive PT & starts and may end up two deep.

The ?? of course is how good these players are compared to the top programs reserves. I am always reserved when it comes to new players and their actual talent until we seem them on the field.

Is that your take Prime Time 28?

Prime Time 28 says:

August 24th, 2009 at 2:07 pm

I agree with you Bayfieldgopher. This team has a chance because they are mature and have talented underclassmen. However, I think the talent is stronger in the youth but it would be bad news for them to be forced into starting roles too early. The Seniors should be able to contribute at a level where no significant holes in the O or D can be exposed and opportunities should be created for the outstanding players we have like Decker and Stodemire. The QB play will be pivotal but I think it will be better than most conference teams. Webber being a 3rd year starter is key.

While none of the players you mentioned will likely emerge as bonafide weekly difference makers, their season will allow them to make timely plays giving their team an edge from time to time. Seniors tend to make less mental mistakes. And mistake free football elicits Ws.

Bayfieldgopher says:

August 25th, 2009 at 8:58 am

Texas, Shorty, CG, etc. Are you out there?

Prime Time 28 says:

August 25th, 2009 at 10:41 am

Just the Prime here to dispell the chimerical hopes and prayers of Wiskey and Hawk fans that lurk this board. The GOPHERS are definitely a better team this year and it disturbs some folks understandably

Texas Gopher says:

August 25th, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Bayfield—I am finding Kent’s new blog format/location to be a real pain in the butt. I am having difficulty with it. I think I am going to take my business to “The Daily Gopher.” I will be there as the Texas Gopher. Keep posting though Bayfield because I enjoy reading your commentary. Later.

Bud says:

August 27th, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Bottom line is there is not much interest in Gopher football now that Brewster is at the helm. 40,000 was much to high in the first place. 10,000 for the students and 3,000 to the visiting team would have put the crowd at 37,000 if everyone had came to the scrimage. 25,000 should have been the crowd that they said would show up. Then they would have been off by 10,000 and not 25,000. The crowd that stayed to watch the scrimage was much smaller than the crowd that came to see the new staduim. The team looks average at best and some needed work must get done before the first game for this team to be competitive in the Big Ten. Kent is asleep at the witch because Wynn is haveing surgery sometime this week. He was never going to be able to play this year and the reasons behind his injury would be disturbing if you knew. Bunders is the starter now and he should have always been in with the first unit. We have a hole in the center of our line that will be difficult to cover up but it can be done. One more week until the start of the 2009 season and after watching that scrimage start to finish I have my doubts. By the way is everyone off the “how great Pittman will be band wagon” and now see just how far off recruiting stars can be. Another scholarship player leaves the Gopher Team.

GophersRoseBowlChamps says:

August 27th, 2009 at 6:21 pm

hey bud – kiss my arse you becky and or hogeye d-bag.

Bud says:

August 27th, 2009 at 9:41 pm

RoseBore, nice response girl. I hope you have bought your non-refundable tickets to Pasadena this year. You calling me a Badger or Chicken Hawk is real funny. I am not the only one watching this program with interest. NO ONE CARES ABOUT GOPHER FOOTBALL. They started out 7-1 last year and folded. We are lucky we have a new staduim or no one would be coming to the games this year.

Hawkeye Nation says:

August 28th, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Kirksey, Coker & Schumpert to IOWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Punky gets out outrecruited again!!!!!!!!! Three MN’s staring for IOWA next week!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah……