- Mural, mural, on the road: St. Paulites will be grabbing some paint and touching up a colorful piece of traffic-calming this weekend; click here for a Strib item.
- Biking at the airport? Alert reader Nicole and alert reader Dan call our attention to this blog item, in which a violinist-bicyclist describes his arrest as he tried to pedal away from the Twin Cities airport.
- 35W? Who needs it? We do, but we’re going to have to get through south Minneapolis without it this weekend; click here for a Strib story and map on the closing, here for MnDOT info.
- Train chugs ahead: Three counties are making sure that the Northstar commuter rail project keeps moving forward this summer; Strib story is here.
- Can’t afford to drive to Chicago? Vita.mn offers these closer-to-home ideas for shorter trips/day trips.
- Seat-belt gaffe: After doing a story about the New Jersey governor’s car crash (in which the governor was not wearing a seat belt), Matt Lauer of the “Today” Show interviewed Mitt Romney in a moving vehicle — and neither man was buckled in. Click here for an AP story via KMSP.com.